Candle Care Instructions

CANDLES:  

While you enjoy our candles and wax melts we want to make sure that you are following some simple safety tips. It's important to ensure that you and your home are safe. We cannot take responsibility over incorrectly burnt candles/wax melts nor the lack of safety precautions when using them.

Each package will have a card with simple instructions, however, below you can find a full list of tips on how to get the most out of your beautiful candle:

  • The lit candle should be placed on a flat, heat-resistant surface. Make sure you always burn your candle within sight and keep away from children, pets, draft, fabric or flammable objects.
  • Wooden wicks normally light slower than cotton wicks. When lighting them, hold your lighter/match close to the wick for about 20 seconds or more. A wooden wick candle will provide a subtle cracking noise when the candle is lit, just like a tiny fireplace when burning. This will provide a soothing and relaxing experience.
  • When lighting the candle for the first time, allow it to form a full melt pool before extinguishing it. This way you will make the most out of your new candle and avoid tunneling.  
  • Wooden wicks are usually self-trimming but if your candle has excess burnt wood which is longer than ¼ inch, it can be broken off before lighting again.
  • Burning time advised is 4 hours maximum, ignoring this may reduce your candle life and could become a safety hazard.
  • Do not touch the glass container while candle is still lit or while still warm.
  • Ensure the candle is always extinguished when not in use, ideally using a candle snuffer. Do not use water or the lid (in the case where the container comes with a lid) to extinguish it.
  • Stop burning the candle when you have reached about ½ inch of wax. Ignoring this advice might lead to a fire hazard.
  • The burn rate can differ from candle to candle due to room temperature as well as style of wick, fragrance oil or container size.   

 

WAX MELTS:

Please find below tips and instructions on using your wax melts safely:

  • Remove all the packaging and make sure nothing is attached/stuck to your wax melts. 
  • Place the wax melts in the well of your melt burner and use an unscented tealight to melt the wax. If you have an electric burner please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
  • Always place on a flat and fire resistant surface. Keep away from draft, pets, children, fabrics or any flammable objects.
  • Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time. 
  • Do not leave unattended while in use. 
  • Do not place fingers in the melted wax or touch the burner while in use. Ignoring this advice could lead to serious burns. 
  • Allow the burner and wax to cool completely before using it again.
  • Do not overfill the melting bowl. You can always top up once the first batch of wax has melted. 
  • Do not use sharp or metal objects to remove the hard wax left in the bowl as this could damage the burner. 
  • Store your wax melts in a cool, dry space away from direct sunlight. Keep them dust free by storing them in their original packaging or containers of your choice.

Changing your wax melts:

Hot method: If your burner has been on and the wax is liquid then you can soak the wax up with a couple of cotton balls. Wipe away excess wax with a paper towel. 

Cold method: If the wax is hard, turn the burner on/relight a tealight for approx. 30-40 seconds until the wax loosens in the dish. Then, apply a light amount of pressure to the melt and it should pop out in a semi solid form. Wipe excess wax with a paper towel.

NEVER pour melted wax down the sink! 

We go to great efforts to ensure all our packaging is environmentally friendly and recyclable/compostable. Check our social media for tips and ideas on recycling/reusing your packaging and containers.